Production Maintenance Automation Electrician
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Production Maintenance Automation Electrician
Amentum is seeking a Production Maintenance Automation Electrician to join our team in Waterloo, Iowa!
Typical work schedule is Monday – Friday hours may vary based on business demand.
This position reports directly to the Operations Supervisor and is responsible for performing tasks at an advanced level that reflect substantial variety and complexity in responding to troubleshooting, servicing, and documenting the electrical and controls needs of process/production equipment in an industrial environment. This position gives work direction and assistance to lower-level technicians.
- Maintains, improves, and participates in developing control systems, programming ladder logic/PLC’s (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Fanuc, GE, MicroLogix, ControlLogix and PLC-5) and HMI.
- Works with Allen Bradley controls and instrumentation such as thermocouples, as well as primary voltages up to and including 480V.
- Provides instruction, mentors and trains less skilled technicians as needed.
- Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, solve complex electrical problems, and provide solutions to manufacturing problems.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures.
- Performs General Maintenance of equipment as required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs process/production machines, equipment, such as electrical control circuits from 24V up to and including 480V AC, electro-mechanical test devices, instrumentation devices, PLC’s, ladder logic controllers and variable frequency drives as necessary.
- Calibrates instrumentation equipment and controls for optimum performance.
- Procures parts from crib systems, OEM, or authorized vendors.
- Identifies and documents cost savings.
- Utilizes strong mechanical and electrical skills to complete assignments.
- Creates and modifies site operations procedures for equipment and recommends facilities reliability improvements.
- Performs preventive maintenance ion process/production equipment as scheduled in the Computerized maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Recommends activities to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations. Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficient solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintain a strict schedule to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills, such as motivation, delegation, ownership, leading by example, well developed organizational skills, excellent communication skills, etc.
- Promotes and adheres to the Amentum Safety Structure.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Six years of experience performing general maintenance repair in an industrial environment or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- NFPA-70E Training.
- Experience using RS Logix, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, and PLC-5 Software.
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing VFD’s.
- Experience calibrating testing equipment.
- Experience performing preventive and corrective maintenance on industrial equipment.
- Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, alternative work schedules, overtime, weekend, and holiday hours to support our 24/7 operation.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes with metatarsal guards, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.