Production Maintenance Electrician
Amentum is seeking a Production Maintenance Electrician to join our team in Waterloo, Iowa!
Typical work schedule is 1st shift Monday – Friday hours may vary based on business demand.
This position is responsible for acting at an intermediate level in troubleshooting, servicing, and documenting the electrical and controls needs of process/production equipment in an industrial environment.
- Maintains, improves, and participates in developing control systems, programming ladder logic/PLC’s (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Fanuc, GE, MicroLogix, ControlLogix and PLC-5) and HMI.
- Works with Allen Bradley controls and instrumentation such as thermocouples, as well as primary voltages up to and including 480V.
- Provides instruction, mentors and trains less skilled technicians as needed.
- Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, solve complex electrical problems, and provide solutions to manufacturing problems.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures.
- Performs General Maintenance of equipment as required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs process/production machines, equipment, such as electrical control circuits from 24V up to and including 480V AC, electro-mechanical test devices, instrumentation devices, PLC’s, ladder logic controllers and variable frequency drives as necessary.
- Calibrates instrumentation equipment and controls for optimum performance.
- Procures parts from crib systems, OEM, or authorized vendors.
- Identifies and documents cost savings.
- Utilizes strong mechanical and electrical skills to complete assignments.
- Creates and modifies site operations procedures for equipment and recommends facilities reliability improvements.
- Performs preventive maintenance ion process/production equipment as scheduled in the Computerized maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Recommends activities to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations. Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficient solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintain a strict schedule to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills, such as motivation, delegation, ownership, leading by example, well developed organizational skills, excellent communication skills, etc.
- Promotes and adheres to the Amentum Safety Structure.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience performing general maintenance repair in an industrial environment or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience troubleshooting CNC Machine tools and controls.
- Experience with robotic systems and controls (Fanuc, ABB, etc.).
- Experience working with electrical voltage up to 480V 3 phase.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing Variable Frequency Drives.
- Experience troubleshooting 4-20mA and 0-10v circuits.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing PLC’s, such as Allen Bradley, Fanuc, etc.
- Experience using RS Logix, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, and PLC-5 Software.
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing VFD’s.
- Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require overtime, various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules to support our 24/7 operation.
- Associates degree or technical school diploma in industrial electrical, industrial mechanical, HVAC, or a related skilled trade.
- NFPA-70E Training.
- Experience calibrating testing equipment.
- Experience performing preventive and corrective maintenance on industrial equipment.
- Experience reading prints and schematics.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.