Electrician - Maintenance
Maintain, troubleshoot and be able to test a variety of electrical lines and circuits, perform overhaul of distribution boxes, motor controls, lighting, fans and receptacles. Install wire mold, raceways, and conduit in shelters and vans.
Installs and tests a variety of electrical lines and circuits to components, devices, and fixtures in military shelters and vans, e.g., distribution boxes, monitoring panels, time and temperature relays, pressure and motor switches, lighting, fans, receptacles, etc. Installs wire mold, raceways and/or conduits and fittings, replaces or installs wires by pulling wire through wire mold or conduit and connecting to electric fixtures or components, etc. Disassembles, repairs, troubleshoots, and/or replaces wire mold, wires, and electrical components and devices. Builds or fabricates and wires phase meter boxes, power distribution boxes, and other meter boxes, as needed. Performs disassembly and assembly work in a number of shelters and vans. Disassembly work includes removing various types of radio equipment, teletype equipment, etc., from racks; unscrewing, removing and tagging the racks; removing raceways, lights, and/or cable if required; replacing rusted bolts; preparing inside shelter for painting by taping and masking areas identified for painting; removing rotted wire, etc. Assembly work involves installing lights; replacing nuts and bolts; installing equipment racks; etc. Participates as a member of a team in the repair and installation of equipment both in-house and on TDY assignments.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical warehouse environment with no unusual hazards, frequent lifting to 20-50 pounds, kneeling, standing, and walking, routinely sitting and constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - Amenthum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amenthum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amenthum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. A minimum of two years' experience in the repair of electrical systems is required.
- Currently licensed as a Journeyman Electrician or military equivalent.
- Must possess planning/organizing skills and must be able to work under deadlines.
- An extensive knowledge of engine electrical/indicating systems is required. The ability to interpret and apply information on schematic diagrams, drawings and charts for fault isolation and repair of assigned systems and system subassemblies is required.
- Experience must include troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical components on engines.
- Prior experience on assigned engines is highly desired.
- Night work may be required.
- Must have a valid and current state driver's license.
- Must understand and be able to use Technical Manuals.
- Must be able to complete paperwork associated with vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Ability to manipulate and use hand tools and hydraulic equipment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Passing a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization. Note: US Citizenship is required for facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
- Must be able to successfully pass a National Agency Check (NAC) within 60 days of hire if required.
- Must be available for any shift. Willing to work weekends and other hours as needed.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
Work on this contract is performed at the Red River Army Depot. Access to the Depot requires all covered individuals to be registered with the United States Selective Service.
For more specific information on registering, please visit:
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.