Industrial Electrician III
Amentum is seeking an Industrial Electrician III to join our 2nd Shift team in Decatur, IL!
- Typical work schedule is 2:00 PM -10:30 PM, hours may vary based on business demand.
- Additional hours may be scheduled to support our 24/7 operation.
The Industrial Electrician is part of a team that troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains industrial and commercial facility equipment.
- Assist team in troubleshooting and repair of building equipment including fan motors, MCC panels, wireways, lighting panels, etc.
- Use meters to check for voltage, amp draws, ohm readings etc.
- Works under general supervision performing advanced technical work utilizing a wide variety of resources, including computers.
- Work in a team environment on pressing facility related maintenance issues
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- 3 years of experience in area of specialization or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Electrical troubleshooting, repair and installation experience in an industrial or commercial environment and/or related technical school.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs.
- Requires working from an aerial lift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat during shift.
- Requires the ability to walk throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.