The Electrician will be based at one of three Amentum sites in Iraq and will serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State. This position is a trade’s technical position and will be responsible for all facility electrical and related projects to include maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, installation, and related electrical. The Electrician will report to the Electrical Supervisor. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
OCONUS: Baghdad, Iraq
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Perform work required for the repair, maintenance, installation and modernization of electrical systems for site building's equipment.
- Locate and determine electrical malfunctions using test equipment.
- Repair malfunctions by such methods as replacing burned out elements, fuses, and replacing defective wiring, cleaning, repairing or replacing motors.
- Test electrical equipment such as motors, heaters and controls for safety and efficiency, using standard test equipment and by observing functions.
- Install fixtures, wiring conduits, motors and other electrical equipment.
- Inspect circuits for specified shielding and grounding.
- Report any malfunctions or lack of compliance with Statement of Work (SOW) to the Assistant O&M Manager.
- Perform inspections and prepares written reports.
- Maintain effective, timely and respectful communication and interaction with other employees, manager, and supports other organizations.
- Perform other administrative tasks when directed, including ordering material, inventorying, scheduling work, and preparing reports.
- Be responsible for facility custodianship of work area and management of tools, equipment and spare parts for the electrical operation.
- Take initiative to analyze a situation and to make frequent technical decisions based on specifications, safety, and electrical codes.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Experience Level:
- Five (5) years’ electrical experience in operations and maintenance services.
- Three (3) years’ experience in an Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of applicable US Codes and acceptable trade practices.
- Knowledge and experience regarding occupational hazards of the electrical trade, related safety precautions and considerable skill required for the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment.
- Good organizational, time management, and communication skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make independent decisions.
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in operating and supporting electrical functions at an overseas facility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED and successful completion of an Apprentice program.
Passport, Licenses and Certifications: As part of pre-contingency requirements, by the time the visa process starts, candidates must possess a valid passport of home country with a minimum of 18 months remaining to expiration date with 8 blank pages.
- Valid drivers’ license from Home of Record.
- Journeyman Certificate.
- Security Vetting: Already possess a US Government issued security clearance or Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) or be able to obtain a favorable MRPT certification or US Government clearance prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification or clearance level for the duration of the contract.
- Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
- Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by Amentum and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
- Electrical AA/AS degree from a two-year college and/or equivalent field experience.
- Knowledge in the discipline of operations and maintenance projects in an international environment preferred.
- Previous electrical experience in an OCONUS environment with a multi-national workforce and/or previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions.
- Relevant overseas Electrical experience.
- Experience working with Amentum / PAE.
- Experience working with SOW, electrical diagrams and blueprints.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.