Electronic Tech C- Optics
Amentum is seeking an Electronic Tech C- Optics for a position in Hawaii. Supporting optics, as well as being cross-trained and cross-utilized in other departments, the candidate shall possess working knowledge and be capable of troubleshooting, repairing, inspecting, overhauling, modifying, calibrating, operating and performing other related tasks on optics systems and equipment. Will be trained to operate and maintain optics equipment such as: VTM, SHOTS, LAPS, and all other assigned equipment/systems.
- Perform periodic inspections and maintenance tasks in accordance with published procedures and /or O&M guidelines. Document results of all maintenance actions in systems and equipment records
- With assistance, troubleshoot and repair systems/equipment by reading and interpreting electronic/mechanical schematics and using simple and complex test equipment
- Assist in preparation of system reports, preventative maintenance logs and other logs or reports as they pertain to the daily operations of optics systems
- Assist to install, check, calibrate, and perform acceptance tests on new and relocated systems and equipment
- Set up, check out, operate, and monitor systems and equipment in support of Range Operations. Responds to changing operational requirements when directed.
- Assist in preparing and developing new procedures, procedural changes and modification proposals.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Travel to support remote operations and maintenance may be required, including at-sea deployments. Lifting over 50 lbs. (two-men assist)
- Work positions requirements: walking or standing, crawling, kneeling, sitting, or cramped, repeated stooping, or frequent stair climbing
- Four years of progressive experience in a related field.
- Fundamental knowledge of basic electronics, computers, electronic equipment troubleshooting and repair
- Possess and demonstrate knowledge of electronics theory and be proficient in reading and interpreting complicated schematic diagrams for troubleshooting and repair to the component level
- Able to use, apply and understand complex test and measuring equipment.
- Must possess the following PC skills: Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, MS Dos
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain the certification requirements within DOD 8570.01-M and an Operating Environment Certification commensurate with contract requirements. DOD 8570.01-M certification is mandatory within 60 days of employment for continued employment. Certification within the required Computing Environment must be obtained within six (6) months of employment.
- Previous electronic warfare or optics experience is a plus
- Security + or equivalent baseline DOD8570.01-M certification desired
- Operating system certification in Linux or Windows is desired
Secret security clearance is required. Applicants selected must be a US Citizen in order to apply for a Secret Security Clearance. Applicants selected either must currently possess a Secret clearance or will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain clearance prior to commencement of employment and maintain a security clearance for access to classified information or Closed/Restricted Areas throughout duration of employment.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.