Senior Link 16 Engineer
Amentum is seeking a confident and experienced Engineer with strong communication skills to support the review and safety of Link-16 systems in the DOD acquisition cycle. The Department of the Navy (DON) is the lead service for the evaluation and certification of Link 16 equipment which requires communication and coordination across military services, industry, and other federal agencies. We are looking for a candidate that will work to understand the technical interactions of Link 16 systems with other systems operating in the same bands, identify risks, mitigations, and be able to clearly articulate their findings and suggestions to the wider community.
We are looking for an RF engineer to review requirements, test procedures, and test data to evaluate system design risks and potential impacts to other systems. The candidate may be asked to use project management tools to prioritize and track efforts. Responsibilities will include technical review of new and existing Link 16 equipment, development and review of policies and procedures, and finally coordination both nationally and internationally.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college, with a minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience. Requires Secret clearance to start.
- Knowledge and experience of Link-16 Systems
- Knowledge of the radio frequency regulatory process
- Experience with DOD Acquisition processes
- Experience working with the DOD