Amentum is seeking a Security Engineer to support the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
The Security Engineer collaborates with the Bureau staff and DevSecOps teams to:
- Contribute to the System Security Plan, Security Architecture Documentation, Accreditation Boundary documentation, FIPS Categorization, and a continuous Security Monitoring Strategy
- Manage and control implementation status and security posture throughout the system life cycle.
- Develop a strategic approach to security testing that best aligns with Bureau procedures and security policy.
- Identify security risks, vulnerabilities, and other concerns as early as possible to facilitate remediation.
- Bachelor of Science from an accredited university or college in Computer Science or Information Systems and 10 years of experience, or 15 years of related experience.
- Understands NIST Risk Management Framework and Federal security standards and policies
- Be able to read and analyze data from Security Scanners (Nessus)
- Understands Cybersecurity best practices and principles
- Ability to work across teams to achieve results
- Ability to use security tools and analyze the results
- Due to the nature of the work, U.S. citizenship required.
- Requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoJ NACI/T1 prior to start.
- Familiarity with lifecycle management tools (e.g. codeBeamer)
- Familiarity with DevOps pipelines (i.e. Jenkins)