Journeyman Software Engineer
Amentum is seeking a Journeyman Software Engineer for our Dahlgren, VA location.
The selected candidate will:
- Develop code in C++, Python or Java
- Design major systems components right away
- Be in charge of software processes for a division or research engineers.
- Plan, perform, and lead software design, coding, and testing. (Some programs use MATLAB, depending on the work effort, but not required.)
- May provide support in the development of technical proposal and provide input on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
- Work with customers and engineers in an adaptive Agile environment, build and maintain the latest Sim/Stim development tools, helping expand our M&S capability.
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or Related Field) and 3 years of experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge in definition and management of software requirements, design, code, benchmark testing, debugging, software development lifecycle, architecture, and documentation.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment and methodologies
- Two years of program/project level experience of software design
- Two years of experience performing detailed and complex software design and development meeting sub millisecond timing requirements
- Experience with and proficient with at least one of the following Object-oriented programming (OOP) languages: C/C++, C Sharp (C#), Java, or Python.
- Ability to obtain and maintain interim SECRET clearance prior to start.
Two years experience in system design, integration, test or software development.