Senior Software Engineer
Amentum is seeking software engineering professionals with at least 10-years of experience with real-time mission critical systems to support software development in Fredericksburg and Dahlgren, VA.
You will be part of our growing systems & software engineering team and contribute to our diverse skillsets across multiple contracts in support of our Centers of Excellence. We are looking for individuals to join our team atmosphere that are eager to make a difference by solving complex Digital Engineering challenges.
Apply your skills to the latest DoD weapons and sensor systems, modernizing the Navy and contributing to mission success. Successful candidates must possess excellent communication skills and interact directly with customers and engineering personnel.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Experienced with general software engineering (10 years)
- Experienced with Combat System software architecture design and development (8 years)
- Designing, developing and maintaining complex, real time combat system computer programs (8 years)
- C++ software development and maintenance (8 years)
- Software integration testing with combat systems (8 years)
- Establishing and maintaining software development schedules and monitoring the technical progress of computer program module development toward these schedules (8 years)
- Utilizing computer program development tracking tools that capture all new development requirements tracks computer program defects, and accurately reflects current implementation status of each item (8 years)
- Job estimation activities