SATCOM Network Engineer
Amentum is now hiring a SATCOM Network Engineer for its Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD location.
Telework opportunities are possible for those living in the area.
You are a proactive, knowledgeable SATCOM Network Engineer concerned with supporting the design, development, and acquisition of military communications systems that deliver a reliable tactical network for critical mission requirements. You're also a self-starter dedicated to accomplishing program requirements who works well independently, but also excels working with a team to achieve required objectives. Your creativity and detail-oriented abilities ensure a disciplined approach to the development of a weapon system network architecture through the design, planning, installation, integration, and maintenance for backbone core-area tactical and strategic communications networks, including portions of the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) and the Global Information Grid (GIG).
- Gather mission needs statements, Operational Requirements Capability Development Documents (ORCDD), and Capability Production Documents (CPD) for Army’s tactical communications systems and translate requirements into technical solutions that are standards-based and cost-efficient.
- Develop network architecture for adjacent, higher and lower units, as well as for allied nations, other government agencies and commercial service interfaces.
- Responsible for the engineering design, development, integration, installation, operation, and maintenance of the Tactical Network.
- Support technical tasks in the integration of Data/Voice/Video in the Tactical Network, engineering and technical documentation and assistance in the development of technical requirements, specifications, plans and reports, software/hardware engineering, preparation of independent assessments, systems engineering, technical expertise at fielding locations, test and evaluation, architectural/interoperability support, and quality engineering.
- Develop equipment and network configurations and products and provide technical support in Tactical Network labs.
- Support technology insertion testing relative to emerging Tactical Network requirements and capabilities.
- Provide technical expertise at field locations as needed.
Here at Amentum, we believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees, who in turn take care of our customers, driving the success of our business.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of relevant SATCOM and Network Engineering experience
- Or a High School Diploma/GED, and at least 14 years of relevant SATCOM and Network Engineering experience
- Design and Implementation of Network concepts employed in the tactical network
- Knowledge and understanding current/future Force tactical and strategic military communications networks, as well as the architecture, protocols, security, network management and physics underlying these systems
- Position requires up to 25% travel
- Due to the nature of the work must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have an active Secret security clearance
- B.S. Degree in Systems/Electrical Engineering or higher
- Prior experience providing support to Department of Defense (DoD) / Army program of record (ACAT 1 to 3)
- Knowledge of Converged Ethernet Over IP (EOIP) network
- Knowledge of Voice over IP (VoIP) protocols
- Knowledge of virtualization and storage technologies from VMware, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, Dell, HP and others.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with routing protocols such as, but not limited to, border gateway protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First Version 2 and Version 3 (OSPFv2 and OSPFv3) and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with SATCOM Waveforms including, but not limited to, Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA), Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA) and Network Centric Waveform (NCW)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with iDirect capabilities
- Extensive knowledge and experience with integration of terrestrial networking and SATCOM
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the Tactical Network architecture and its concepts including Colorless Core
- Experience with WAN Acceleration products such as Riverbed Steelhead and Citrix WAN Scaler
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Firewall capabilities and products such as Cisco ASA, Firepower and Palo Alto products