The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
The Facilities Engineer plans and manages single and multiple discipline projects related to the new construction, renovation, refurbishing, upgrade, design, condition assessment and analysis of all real property facility structures, installed equipment and components.
This position is CONUS based in West Palm Beach Florida with requirements to travel to Andros Island Bahamas on regular trips for inspections and Facility Engineering activities. Travel will be based on project load and activity.
- Allocates available material and labor resources; honors the constraints of scope, schedule, and budget; assists project coordinators with project development; provides design estimates for feasibility studies and conceptual designs for developing customer and internal budgets.
- Develops Requests for Quotes (RFQ) and Request for Proposal (RFP) procurement packages for vendor services that include Scopes of Work, Cost Estimates, Construction Schedules and rough drawings (as needed) as well as evaluating and qualifying vendor proposals.
- Generate complete design specifications for more complex projects.
- Perform construction management duties including review construction documents and submissions, perform and document daily inspections, and assisting with project punch lists.
- Performs Annual Inspection Survey (AIS) of all facility structures and components; and prepares findings report as required by Customer.
- Assists in identifying Level of Effort Estimates for Maintenance Shop Work Orders which exceed standard repair limits, as directed by Technical Instructions for Facilities Maintenance.
- Attends regularly scheduled Work Order Review Meetings.
- Develops procurement documents for vendor services and materials for task completion.
- Monitor and inspect in progress work to assure that work is being performed as planned, and in compliance with safety codes and regulations.
- Prepare, deliver and submit technical papers and perform engineering studies.
- Assist construction superintendent and field personnel in constructability issues; evaluate proposed field changes and estimate change orders.
- Collect and input asset data into CMMS program (MAXIMO).
- Aid in the development of Preventive Maintenance plans and assignments.
- Conduct field assessment of asset labeling.
- Submits monthly reports as required by contract.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related scientific field and at least 2 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Skilled at AutoCAD design. Thorough knowledge of civil/structural design and engineering techniques. Competent in Microsoft Suites (Word, Excel, Project and Outlook) and estimating software. RS Means and Maximo preferred. Must be able to climb ladders and access utility trenches and on occasion confined spaces. Interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of personnel in multi-cultural team-oriented environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Valid Driver’s License and US passport will be required. Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities. This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.