Lead Software Engineer
Amentum is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to work in the Aiken SC area. Travel to site locations will be required.
Purpose and Scope
Perform system and subsystem definition, preliminary and detailed design, design implementation, and subsystem and system integration and test for a system.
1) Participate in software requirement review, preliminary and critical design, integration readiness review, and software acceptance review.
2) Act as technical lead for pre-proposal, proposal, and existing program efforts. Involvement in business development includes briefing customers on company capabilities.
3) Design, write, test, deploy and support software code, as assigned.
4) Support program management office in technical role.
5) Represent the organization as the prime customer contact on contracts or projects.
6) Interact with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordinated activity across organizational lines.
7) Perform lead duties for software group and mentor junior engineers
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Candidate will support the existing team in the development of software and implementation in these areas:
· Coordinate design, development, testing and release activities
· Develop User Interface, data maintenance, use case scenarios to meet project requirements
· Program interfaces between IEDE, DOORS-NG and transactional systems such as Documentum, SmartPlant Foundation, PeopleSoft, and others
· Prepare test plans and procedures and facilitate system testing and documentation for SQAP
· Have Bachelor of Science (BS) in Software / Computer Science / Engineering
· 10+ years of relevant work experience (5 years of which should be using DOORS-NG)
· US citizen with the ability to obtain a DOE Q clearance
· Develop, test and deploy DOORS-NG Requirements Management Extensions
· Possess understanding of Systems Engineering and Requirements Management lifecycle
· Be able to use common desktop tools including Microsoft Office suite
· Work seamlessly with engineers of various disciplines with strong attention to details
· Excellent communications and analytical skills required.
· Position may require travel.
· Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
· Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
Dual Citizenship not accepted
Masters Degree in Computer Engineering
DOE experience preferred