Process Engineer 3
Amentum is seeking a Process/Chemical Engineer -Technical Services Engineer 3 to be based in our Oak Ridge TN location. The Engineer is responsible for perform a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, development, design, installation, operation, and maintenance of diverse process/chemical equipment and systems and generally as a member of a design, analysis or review team on more complex assignments or as a lead on less complex assignments.
1. Perform a range of design development, analysis or review tasks under minimal supervision.
2. Act as a lead on less complex tasks and responsible for a portion of a design or section of an analysis or design review.
3. Responsible for complete designs, analyses, or design reviews.
4. Generate complete design specifications for more complex projects.
5. Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
6. Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
7. Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
8. Direct interface and liaison with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
9. Conduct site visits and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
10. Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
11. Review simple to complex process/chemical systems
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering with 5 years of experience in an engineering setting.
Experience with chemical engineering in field and lab work.
Candidate must be able to obtain a DOE Q clearance
Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
Position may require travel
Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
Dual Citizenship not accepted.
Master degree in Chemical Engineering
Lean Six Sigma experience
Experience with DOE
PE License a plus