Compact Modeling Engineer
Are you looking for an exciting, innovative company with over 100 years of excellence and commitment to ethical business? Amentum is a trusted partner to United States government agencies, allied governments, and corporations worldwide supporting critical programs across a broad range of domains. We are currently looking for a Modeling Engineer to support our customers within the Trusted and Assured Microelectronics (T&AM) program at Naval Surface Warfare Center - Crane.
This position involves developing and maintaining models of semiconductor devices and the prediction of performance changes from radiation exposure. The candidate will work in a highly interactive team environment with the following responsibilities:
- Analyze large amounts of silicon data, apply statistical techniques, and develop and extract models for semiconductor devices operating in a radiation environment.
- Validate transistor models against hardware performance in circuit and test structure benchmarks.
- Work closely with process and test technologists, foundry engineers, and design engineers to ensure the silicon data and SPICE models meet the desired specifications and features.
Interested, but not local? Ask us about relocation opportunities and discussing your options. Visit: https://www.craneindianajobs.com/ to learn more about our exciting work supporting the Crane Naval Base!
- MS degree or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering or related technical field with an emphasis on semiconductor device physics, or equivalent
- At least 7 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity and experience with Cadence Virtuoso, SPICE simulations, and compact models (BSIM, Gummel-Poon, etc).
- Proficient in scripting languages (i.e. perl or python) and data analysis.
U.S. citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- 5-10 years of experience in device integration and/or SPICE modeling.
- Experience in test structure design and layout.
- Experience with transistor parametric test equipment and model extraction software.
- Knowledge of radiation hardened designs, processes, and modeling techniques.
- Behavioral model development with Verilog-A.
- Active Secret Clearance