Structural Engineer 2
Amentum E&E is actively seeking a Structural Engineer 2 in the Englewood, CO office.
The Structural Engineer 2 is responsible for performing a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, development, design, manufacture, test, installation, operations, and maintenance of electronic equipment and systems and generally as a member of a design, analysis, or review team.
Perform a range of design development, analysis or review tasks in specific areas under some supervision.
Design a portion or section of an analysis or design review.
Generate sections of designs specifications of more complex projects or complete specifications of less complex projects.
Prepare, deliver, and submit technical presentations for in process design and review meetings.
Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
Direct interface and liaison with customers at a levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
Conduct site visits and investigate engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
Performs engineering modeling, analysis, and design assignments of moderate complexity.
Prepares calculations, analyses, studies, specifications, reports, and other technical documents.
Checks and reviews home discipline calculations and drawings.
Reviews other discipline drawings and vendor drawings.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Compensation & Benefits
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $34.98-$52.64 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
This position includes a competitive benefits package. For more detailed information on our Benefits and what it is like to work for Amentum: please visit our careers site: www.amentumcareers.com
· Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering with a Structures Major (or equivalent education).
· 3+ years of relevant and progressive professional experience in the modeling, analysis, and design of heavy industrial steel structures and foundations.
Other Minimum requirements:
· Works independently and collaboratively with moderate level of guidance.
· Working knowledge of industry codes and standards, including AISC 360, ASCE 7, IBC, and ACI 318
· US Citizen (dual citizenship is not allowed).
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Working knowledge of STAAD.Pro modeling, analysis, design, and post processing
· Working knowledge and expertise in MathCad, Excel, and Word
· Ability to obtain a security clearance.
· Working knowledge of the process of preparing and checking calculations, as well as, approval, revision, retention, and storage of project calculations.
· Working knowledge of drawing production and checking, as well as, approval, revision, retention, and storage of engineering drawings.
Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. Position may require travel.
· Professional Engineering Registration.
· Master of Science degree in structural engineering.
· Government or nuclear experience, i.e., DOD, DOE, NR.
· Working knowledge of AISC Seismic Design Provisions, i.e., AISC 341.
· Basic knowledge of nuclear facility design codes including ACI 349, AISC N690, ASCE 43, and DOE-STD-1020.
· Working knowledge of seismic response spectrum analysis.
Working knowledge of ANSYS analysis software.