Amentum is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to support an IT Managed Services program for a major national laboratory in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations, for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems.
You will be a part of a team who designs, evaluates, and develops sophisticated, software architectures for processing and exploitation of remote sensing information. In this role, you will be responsible for research and development of a state-of-the-art Linux build, integration, and test environment that enables the development of sophisticated, real-time decision support systems that support remote sensing, data acquisition, and analysis applications for special missions.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Provide configuration management, testing and user support of complex software engineering infrastructures that are utilized by multiple code development teams.
- Work collectively with architects, developers, technical leads, customers, tactical partners, and end users to collect requirements, design solutions, and deliver extensible software applications.
- Contribute to a deeply rewarding mission through engagement with diverse computer science specialists and specialists in areas like data fusion, signal and image processing, analytics, cloud computing, architectures, and data management and visualization.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have an Associates Degree and 6 years of experience OR High School Diploma / GED and 10 years of experience.
- Must be able to obtain a TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q clearance and maintain it for the life of the contract.
- Experience as a Linux System Programmer or Linux Distribution Package Maintainer.
- Experience in problem identification, root cause analysis, and solving.
- Active DOE Q and SCI security clearances,
- A Bachelor's degree in relevant field plus five (5) or more years of experience.
- Experience in Git source code management.
- Experience in multi-language build system (C++, Java, Python)
- Experience in Python and Bash scripting languages.
- Experience working with Open-Source communities.
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible or Puppet.
- Experience with Linux systems administration.
- Knowledge of build automation tools (CMake, Autotools, Maven, Gradle, and Jenkins)
- Familiar with DevOps and CI/CD practices.
- Current Security+ or higher certification.
- Experience researching, evaluating, and recommending technologies to improve current systems.
- Consistent record working on a multifaceted, fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team.