Nondestructive Evaluation Engineer 5 - LASSO
Perform a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, development, design, manufacture, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of the Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) Laboratory, as well as diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems and generally as a lead of a design, analysis or review team on the most complex engineering assignments.
Perform duties in compliance with Federal, State, Local, NASA, and other governing regulations and requirements and KSC energy management, conservation regulations, collective bargaining agreement, security, safety, hurricane and specialized programs or contractual requirements relating to the business of the section within the limits of established policy.
• Responsible for training and certifying NDE Technician personnel to meet the requirements of ASNT-TC-1A, ANSI/ASNT CP-189, and AIA/NAS 410 requirements
• Responsible for the preparation and validation of Standard Operating Procedures needed to perform nondestructive evaluations in accordance with industry, NASA, and customer standards
• Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the industrial radiographer radiation safety program in accordance with the State of Florida Radioactive Materials License and KSC Use Authorization
• Responsible for the development of maintenance instructions for NDE equipment
• Responsible for the review and approval of NDE inspection reports
• Responsible for conducting pre-inspection walk downs with the customer when necessary to define the requirements and objectives of the NDE inspection, the physical and design features of the item, applicable reference standards, the test acceptance criteria, and the NDE methods to be employed.
• Responsible for other position related duties and responsibilities as directed
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Most positions involve work typical of office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting with occasional use of computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must posses planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. Some positions involve work in environments (e.g., shipboard, labs, outside locations, etc.) where mechanical equipment, weapons, etc. are being installed, tested, analyzed/monitored, operated, and/or maintained. Equipment may be loud and noisy or have exposed moving components. Such positions may involve routine lifting up to 50 pounds, regular handling, grasping, kneeling and carrying, and constant use of vision and mental alertness is required.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Bachelors degree in Engineering or scientific field, plus 10 years of job related experience. Must possess ASNT Level III Certification. Excellent communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
US citizenship is required for unescorted access to assigned work area(s). Must be able to successfully pass a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).