Geospatial Engineer SME
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Amentum is seeking a Geospatial Engineer SME in Fort Belvoir, VA to use modern mapping technologies, such as GIS and GPS, to create 2D or 3D maps, collect, and analyze geographic data.
- Proficient in mapping software and strong data analysis skills.
- Use data from measurement and surveying tools and software, satellites, and geographic information systems (GIS) to create sophisticated maps and datasets.
- Prepare maps for operations or to locate strategic points.
- Assist commanders visualize the battlefield
- Create and maintain multiple geospatial databases
- Prepare military-style briefs covering all aspects of the terrain.
- Extract geographic data from satellite imagery, aerial photography and field reconnaissance.
- Perform all duties as assigned.
- Must be currently working on a PM IVAS contract.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must possess a valid Secret security clearance.
- Master's degree in engineering, geography, geographic information systems, or a related field and 15 years’ experience in Geospatial Engineering