Software Engineer - Junior
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Amentum is seeking a Junior Software Engineer in Fort Belvoir, VA to perform. engineering and scientific work involving the design, development, and operation of man portable computer systems, including hardware and software and their integration with other systems and peripherals.
- Translates military operational and mission requirements (ground, sea, air, and space) into practical computer hardware and software design performance requirements for dismounted operations.
- Participates in post awards, program reviews, design reviews, and IPTs as the computer specialist on assigned programs.
- Evaluates and conducts design efforts from a computational view point to ensure integration of all required computer related products and adequacy of the analyses
- Prepare and reviews software related test plans, test procedures, software requirement and interface specification, software design document, test scripts and test reports on technical adequacy on assigned programs, for both government and contractor testing, as well as related failure reports.
- Reviews and evaluates system performance against computer related hardware and software specification requirements, monitors and assesses field performance, and assesses risk of meeting user and specification requirements.
- Provides computer engineering development and coding support with extensive knowledge of 3rd and 4th Generation languages such as C, C++, JAVA, and Python.
- Extensive experience with Windows 10 and Android operating systems (Android 4.4 & 6.0), focused on the development and integration of dismounted Soldier related products for the mobile/handheld devices and support equipment.
- Prepares and evaluates computer hardware and software security strategies for requested programs.
- Extensive experience in software quality monitoring and software testing of embedded software in dismounted Soldier weapon and mission command systems.
- Extensive understanding of the DoD standards guiding the development of computer hardware and software policy, requirements, integration, engineering, and testing.
- Perform security, analyses and risk/vulnerability assessments of computer hardware and software.
- Must be currently working on a PM IVAS contract.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must possess a valid Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering and 3 or more years relevant experience.