Electro-Optical Engineer - Senior
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Amentum is seeking a Senior Electro-Optical Engineer in Fort Belvoir, VA to provide technical support and analysis in evaluation of sensor prototypes and systems, to include thermal imagers, image intensifiers, and lasers, to Program Executive Office (PEO) Soldier Project Manager (PM) partners.
- Provide technical services and recommendations for executing Soldier head, body, or weapons mounted sensor programs.
- Translate military operational and mission requirements (ground, sea, air, and space) into practical system concepts and performance specifications.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation such as specifications, engineering drawings, system interface requirements, and engineering changes.
- Participate in post awards, program reviews, design reviews, and IPTs as the project engineer and/or technical expert on assigned programs.
- Evaluate design efforts to ensure integration of all the engineering disciplines and adequacy of the analyses performed, and optimize size, weight, and power, with cost (SWaP-C).
- Review test plans, procedures, and reports for technical adequacy on assigned programs, for both Government and contractor tests, as well as all failure reports.
- Conduct and/or monitor lab, contractor, and field testing to assess system performance and compliance with requirements. Evaluate system performance against specification requirements and assess risk of meeting user and specification requirements.
- Make recommendations and present briefings and conduct demonstrations to senior level managers in Government and industry at program manager, SES, and General Officer levels
- Initiate and review engineering change proposals and waivers/deviations for technical merit, and conducts physical and functional configuration audits.
- Determine or evaluate analysis needed to investigate failures or performance issues, and ensure appropriate and complete root cause corrective action is identified, validated, and implemented in all product as required.
- Recommend approaches to implement electro optic system level components into prototypes capable of achieving user requirements.
- Coordinate R&D efforts with DOD, National Labs, and appropriate international forums to leverage resources.
- Review program management documents to ensure accuracy and adequacy of technical content.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be currently working on a PM IVAS contract.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must possess a valid Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Optics Engineering or Equivalent and 20 or more years relevant experience. Demonstrated experience as a subject matter expert for Electro-optic engineering development, prototyping, integrating, and testing.
- Ability to lead engineering efforts on assigned programs with minimal oversight from the Government lead.
- Master of Science in Electrical or Optics Engineering Equivalent and 15 or more years relevant experience