Cyber Security Engineer (Senior Level)
Looking for a fresh opportunity to jump-start your career? Want the uniqueness of a new company but not the training wheels of a start-up? How about one of the newest companies on the street with over 100 years of operating experience? Come join the team that’s helping build the world's most dominant Navy!
Amentum wants a senior-level System Security Engineer (SSE) with Experience, Passion, and Purpose to provide a wide variety of management support tasks for the Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS).
You’ll work side by side with your government counterparts to:
- Support IWS with mission to establish foundational processes and requirements for delivering and maintaining cyber secure surface Navy combat systems
- Review cybersecurity policy documents from DoD, DoN, NAVSEA and PEO IWS
- Support the Surface Navy Combat System Cybersecurity Strategy and IWS strategic level vision to achieve development of enclave-level cybersecurity requirements
- Generate and maintain combat system Cyber Security packages, including the RMF Six-Step Process
- Provide cyber engineering support tasks associated with requirements development, budget development, software development, integration, testing, and certification of combat system elements into surface ships
- Provide cyber engineering support in monitoring and assessing warfare mission area performance of in service ship
- Provide cyber engineering support for acquisition programs
- Provide cyber input into acquisition documentation, milestones, deliverables for Task Planning Sheet (TPS) input
- Provide cyber engineering support to system engineering processes and reviews to include drafting and staffing of system engineering plans and support for technical review processes
- Provide cyber input into weapons systems and advanced technology analysis. Perform analysis for advanced cyber technologies and capabilities
- Interface with the Science and Technology (S&T) community and provide cyber input early in technology development process to ensure smooth transition of technology into the systems engineering process
- High school degree, or a GED, and more than twenty (20) years of relevant experience in cyber security, information system management, software development, design or authorization, OR
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in cyber security, information system management, software development, design or authorization, OR
Master's degree in a relevant field and ten (10) years of relevant experience in cyber security, information system management, software development, design or authorization.
- 1+ years of relevant experience in System Security Engineering (SSE) and System Security with DoD major platforms
- Experience with Microsoft software Suite (Excel, Power-point, Word, Project)
- Hold Active Top Secret Clearance
- Position will require 10%-20% travel.
- US Citizen
- Master's degree in a relevant field and ten (10) years of relevant experience in cybersecurity, information system management, software development, design or authorization.
- Experience in Cybersecurity, Information Assurance (IA) and Command Control Communications Computers and Intelligence (C4I) specifically supporting USN combat management systems, either SSDS or AEGIS
- USN specific experience in Combat System certification and CYBERSAFE enclave certification.
- Experience in directly supporting the ISSM with Fleet training coordination, cross domain solution modernization and site certification, and responses to higher echelon cybersecurity related data calls
- ISC2 Certified Information System Security Engineering Professional (CISSP-ISSEP) or ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience in DoD program management or engineering related field.
- Experience in System Security Engineering (SSE) and System Security with DoD major platforms.
- Experience in SSE and System Security including Critical Program Information (CPI) analysis, protection solution development, integration, testing, V&V, and complete System Security life cycle.
- Experience in developing System Security System Engineering Plan (SEP), System Security Plans, technical artifacts, integrated fielding schedule.
- Experience in supporting SSE activities as described in DoD Acquisition guidelines.
- Experience in technical communication with senior level stakeholders, risk management, trade-off analysis, and developing path forward to support FMS export.
- Expertise with Microsoft software Suite (Excel, Power-point, Word, Project)