Amentum is now hiring a Maintenance Engineer for its Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD location.
Telework is possible for those who live in the area.
You are a proactive, knowledgeable Maintenance Engineer concerned with supporting the design, development, and acquisition of military communications systems that deliver a reliable and sustainable tactical network for critical mission requirements. You're also a self-starter dedicated to accomplishing program requirements who work well independently, but also excels working with a team to achieve required objectives. Your creativity and detail-oriented abilities ensure a disciplined approach to the development of maintenance/sustainment approaches for tactical and strategic communications weapon systems through design analysis, maintenance planning, and the development of sustainment strategies.
- Conduct Level of Repair Analysis (LORA) to determine whether an item will be replaced, repaired, or discarded based on cost considerations and operational readiness requirements.
- Work with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and functional team members to develop the Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC) to identify and designate the overall authority and responsibility for the performance of maintenance functions on weapon systems and its components.
- Assist the provisioner with the development of the system provisioning parts list (PPL) and the Repair Parts and Special Tools List (RPSTL). This includes supporting provisioning conferences and other in-process reviews.
- Support the development of technical manuals, assisting with content review related to set-up, tear down, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the weapon system. This includes supporting in-process reviews, validation/verification events, and leading logistics demonstration events when required.
- Assist with contract efforts related to logistics and maintenance inputs for the development of Statements of Work, cost estimates, and technical evaluations.
- Lead efforts related to obsolescence management to include tracking, mitigation planning, and implementation.
- Participate in configuration management efforts related to logistics and maintenance requirements. This includes Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Configuration Control Boards(CCBs), drawing reviews, and design reviews/meetings.
- Support Sustainment efforts to include Core Depot Assessments, Public Private Partnership (P3) Initiatives related to organic/contractor support, and assist with transition efforts when programs are required to move to sustainment.
- Assist with tracking and management of field repair activities to include participation in failure review boards, review failure data for trend analysis and recommendations, and assist help desk/ field engineers with address operational sustainment issues that occur in the field.
Here at Amentum, we believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees, who in turn take care of our customers, driving the success of our business.
Bachelor's degree and at least 7 years of relevant Maintenance Engineering experience
Or a High School Diploma/GED, and at least 11 years of relevant Maintenance Engineering experience
Knowledge of Maintainability/Reliability Analysis concepts employed on a tactical weapon system
Knowledge and understanding acquisition logistics requirements relative to Army / Department of Defense (DoD) tactical weapon systems
Position requires up to 25% travel
Due to the nature of the work, must be a U.S. Citizen
Must have an active Secret Security Clearance
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or higher
- Prior experience as Maintenance Engineer providing support to DoD/Army program of record (ACAT 1 to 3)