This position is contingent upon contract award
Amentum is seeking a Data Engineer in Washington, D.C. to support an upcoming Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), Directorate for Analysis (DI), Analytic Development Office (ADO). This program is modernizing defense all-source intelligence analysis through the development and implementation of advanced analytic methods, and will accomplish this primarily by developing modernized analytic workflows concurrently with intelligence analysts to allow minimal disruptions to current analytic output which allows the analyst to “modernize in place.”
- Support defense analytical requirements with enhanced scientific/engineering research, capability / limitation analysis, reverse engineering analysis/characterizations, facility and vulnerability assessments.
- Analysis and production includes, but is not limited to, complex foreign electronic systems, subsystems, facilities and/or equipment and can emphasize one or more area(s) pertaining to electric power, microelectronics, electronic hardware, circuits, sensors, guidance and control, signals, electromagnetic, electro-optical (EO)/infrared (IR) and/or similar areas associated with current and projected electronic systems and/or subsystems.
- Design, implement, and operate data management systems for intelligence needs.
- Design data storage, access, use, integration, and management for different data regimes and digital systems.
- Work with data users to determine, create, and populate optimal data architectures, structures, and systems.
- Plan, design, and optimize data throughput and query performance.
- Participate in the selection of backend database technologies (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, Graph Database, etc.), their configuration and utilization, and the optimization of the full data pipeline infrastructure to support the actual content, volume, ETL, and periodicity of data to support the intended kinds of queries and analysis to match expected responsiveness.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must possess an active Top Secret (TS) clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- 7 years of job-related experience.
- Excellent communications and analytical skills, working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.