Senior Network Engineer
Amentum is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our team in McLean, VA! As a Senior Network Engineer, you will evaluate, design, document, install, implement, test, perform problem isolation and resolution, monitor, tune, set standards and maintain a complex range of computer network components and systems.
Must have and maintain a Top Secret/SCI clearance with a Polygraph.
- Manage network performance to maintain high quality transmission service on the network.
- Perform scope across a wide range of network facilities including some, but not all, physical media, protocol stacks, hubs, routers, bridges, gateways, digital servers, line drivers, telecommunications transport facilities, mainframe VTAM, NCP and related software and hardware network management components.
- Plan and coordinate major computer network initiatives.
- Utilize monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance and trace data and protocol activity,
- Install systems and trains customer to use new or changed applications.
- Begin to plan research, evaluate and recommend new computer network equipment and technologies.
- Devise solutions to complex operational problems within the capacity and operation limitations of installed equipment.
- Develop and execute contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
- Prepares detailed documented requirements for selected activities (i.e., data management, configuration management, program management, etc.)
- Complies with hardware and software systems standards and procedures.
- Assist in informal training in implementing software programs based on user requirements.
- Configures network devices and participates in department code reviews. Performs unit testing of their work. Completes work based on upon the project schedule.
- Proficient configuring security settings or access permissions for groups/individuals
- Implement patch updates, virus protection and imaging.
- Creates scripts, automate repetitive tasks and data transfer.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, math, engineering or equivalent
- 10- 12 years of telecommunication experience required.
- Excellent communications and analytical skills; demonstrated working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
- Position may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software.
- Position may require travel.
- Must have and maintain a Top Secret/SCI clearance with a Polygraph.