Amentum is seeking a Software Engineer at Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Dahlgren, VA.
Are you a self-motivated individual that, with solid instruction and guidance, can run with a few tasks, develop software code using C# or Python, and report progress every few days? Be our next eager developer seeking to learn, communicate, ask questions, research and find answers to design solutions.
1. Design, write, test, deploy and support software code as assigned.
2. Develop Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) environments and systems using the latest AR/VR headsets.
3. Leverage 3D scanning systems to create realistic 3D models of real world objects.
4. Work closely with engineers, managers, and critical stakeholders to understand system and usability requirements.
5. Provide inputs for documentation of new or existing programs, as required.
Here at Amentum, we believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees who in turn take care of our customers
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline.
- Three (3) years software development.
- Due to the nature of the work, must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have an active Secret security clearance
- Experience with Unity or Unreal game engine development.
- Experience with AR/VR Headset Simulation Development.
- Experience with C# or Python.