Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.
We are now recruiting for a Quality Engineer to join us on our major projects located around the UK.
- Assist in maintaining, managing and improving the Quality Management System in accordance with the requirements of BS-EN-ISO-9001 and other quality management standards and specifications as required.
- Ensure additional customer requirements are interpreted and implemented in line with best practice.
- Provide a focal point for internal and external matters relating to Quality, Compliance and Certification.
- Oversee the generation and maintenance of company procedures and records ensuring compliance with the latest customer, industry and national standards/specifications.
- Drive initiatives through effective metrics and performance measures collected from the operations which support a culture of continuous improvement at all levels using relevant quality problem solving techniques such as Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen, 5s, etc.
- Handle customer complaints and ensure effective corrective, correction and preventative actions are taken.
- Undertake internal and external quality audits and monitor close out activities through a corrective, correction and preventative action programme.
- Raise, monitor and proactively close out Non-Conformances within the project and the supply chain.
- To determine the inspection, test and compliance regime to be applied to a project by reference to the project specifications and associated documents.
- To resolve with the client any anomalies contained within the project documentation.
- To compile and approve project quality plans/inspection and test plans for the execution of a project, liaising with the client to gain their input and approval.
- Support the Supply Chain in the evaluation of key suppliers ensuring compliance with company requirements.
- To oversee the generation and collation of company and supplier quality documentation, resolving any issues arising through to client acceptance.
- To investigate, resolve and implement corrective/preventative actions relating to quality issues.
- Continually improve the quality of products and services offered by the company.
- Knowledge of quality standards and industry specifications for all phases of construction.
- Ability to develop client and supplier relationships ensuring compliance with relevant standards, specifications and instructions.
- Ability to develop the company Quality Management System ensuring compliance with the latest National and European standards.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Nuclear Quality requirements for Lifetime Records and delivery of goods.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Proven and relevant quality engineering experience with good communication skills, including excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Analyse problems, detect root causes and resolve issues effectively using latest quality improvement tools and techniques.
- Excellent time management, planning, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Position may require travel
We need all candidates to ideally be Security Cleared (SC) or have no issue in obtaining SC.
Amentum is an equal opportunities employer.
- Proven and Solid experience in area of specialisation. Auditor/lead auditor certificate desired. Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organisational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position may require travel
- Chartered Quality Professional – Minimum Practitioner grade of the Chartered Quality Institute.
- Welding Inspector 3.1 or PCN Level 2.
- PCN Level 2 Liquid Penetrant Operator and/or Magnetic Particle Inspection.