Entry Level Software Engineer
Are you a self-motivated individual that, with solid instruction and guidance, can run with a few tasks, develop software code, and report progress every few days? Eager developer seeking to learn, communicate, ask questions, research and find answers to design solutions?
Amentum is seeking an Entry-Level Software Engineer for our Fredericksburg, VA location with occasional telecommute opportunities.
The Entry Level Software Engineer will:
- Convert code from either C++, Matlab, or Python to C++, Python or other language to streamline and modernize software for Naval Research systems and naval research technology.
- Develop and/or verify software system specifications and requirements documentation, develop support system software capabilities, features, or enhancements.
- Plans, performs, and lead software design, coding, and testing.
- Work with customers and engineers in an adaptive Agile environment, build and maintaining the latest Sim/Stim development tools, helping expand our M&S capability
- Primary work location will be in Fredericksburg, VA or Dahlgren, VA with occasional telecommute opportunities.
*No relocation assistance is provided for this position - Local Candidates Preferred*
- Ability to obtain and maintain interim SECRET clearance prior to start.
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or Physics) and 0-1 year of job-related experience
- Familiarity in definition and management of software requirements, design, code, benchmark testing, debugging, software development life-cycle, architecture, and documentation.
- Matlab, C++, or Python experience
- Source code tracking tools (i.e. Git, Bitbucket)
- Operating System (OS): Linux, Windows
- Local candidates preferred