Amentum is seeking a dynamic, motived, energetic and driven Data Engineer!
Purpose and Scope:
Design, develop and implement enterprise data movement, transformation, and storage to facilitate application data migration / transfer and reporting structures.
Utilizes technologies to facilitate enterprise data pipelines, spark notebooks, dataflows, data lakes, SQL Serverless, and data warehouse processes and artifacts from internal and external application data sources.
- Focuses on data as an entity and does analysis on data in terms of content, integrity, and security.
- Works on design and implementation of data flows/pipelines – focuses on control and optimization of data movement and transformation.
- Works on data integration between different systems or source/sink requirements.
Specific Job Duties:
- Design, develop, test, and manage the overall framework to facilitate analysis and processing of enterprise data working closely with the Data Architect to direct and optimize the flow of data within the framework and ensure consistency of data delivery and utilization across multiple projects.
- Design how data will be stored, accessed, used, integrated, and managed by different data regimes and digital systems, working with data users to determine, create, and populate optimal data architectures, structures, and systems.
- Recommend and implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality; shall evaluate, compare, and improve the different approaches including the design patterns innovation, data lifecycle design, data ontology alignment, annotated datasets, and elastic search approaches.
- Process, clean, and verify the integrity, accuracy, completeness, and uniformity of enterprise data sets, integrating external or new datasets into existing datasets, as required.
- Design, implement, and operate data management systems for business intelligence needs.
- Plan, design, and optimize data throughput and query performance.
- Build data and analytics proofs that will offer deeper insight into datasets, allowing for critical discoveries surrounding key performance indicators and user activity.
- Perform research and analysis of large data sets to include operational data and perform data validation and visualization and other statistical analyses.
- Support change management activities for enterprise data analysis.
- Document all processes, models, and activities.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks, and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2-4 years of experience.
- Excellent communications and analytical skills; demonstrated working knowledge and experience of several of the following technologies/tools is desired:
- Microsoft SQL (T-SQL)
- Oracle SQL (PL-SQL)
- Azure Synapse
- Azure ADLS
- Azure Pipelines
- Azure Spark Notebooks (SCALA, Python, Spark SQL)
- REST API
- JSON Files
- Parquet Files
- Delta Lake Files
- Data Vault 2.0
- SQL Serverless
- Synapse Data Warehouse (MPP - Dedicated)
- Microsoft DevOps and GitHub
- Agile Development
- Data Encryption / Decryption