Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer
Amentum is seeking a Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer to join our team in Odon, IN.
As the RF Engineer, you will provide support with hands-on engineering analysis, reverse engineering, modeling and prototype development and fabrication. There will be an emphasis on providing engineering, technical, and managerial direction for problem definition, analysis, requirement development and implementation for complex systems in the engineering discipline required to meet technical requirements. You will make recommendations and advise on system development, improvements, optimization, or support efforts. You will perform risk assessments and analysis employing modeling and simulation techniques.
Daily duties for the RF Engineer will include:
- Performing a range of design development and analysis as well as reviewing tasks independently.
- Completing designs, analyses, or design reviews.
- Generating complete design specifications for more complex projects.
- Coordinating and working closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
- Developing, maintaining, and producing technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
- Interfacing and working with customers at all levels, from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews, and technical working group meetings.
- Conducting site visits and analyzing engineering problems, proposing solutions, and alternatives, and providing recommendations.
- Verifying and complying with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
- Preparing, delivering, and submitting technical papers and perform engineering studies.
- Supporting development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
- Performing all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Interested, but not local? Ask us about relocation opportunities and discussing your options. Visit: https://www.craneindianajobs.com/ to learn more about our exciting work supporting the Crane Naval Base!
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, or related scientific field and at least 7 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software.
- Working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Position may require travel (10%).
- Position requires active Secret clearance. Must be a United States Citizen.
- Experience with electronic warfare.
- Experience with SLQ-32(V) Shipboard EW System.
- Military RF experience.