Quality Engineer IV
Amentum is looking for a Quality Engineer IV to work in the Carlsbad, New Mexico supporting the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant.
The Quality Engineer Essential Responsibilities are:
1) Technically supervises quality projects or major phases of significant quality projects, coordinating the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned project.
2) Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge to the completion of significant assignments.
3) Provides leadership for quality assurance and quality control support on assigned program(s) and/or areas to ensure that the product is designed, procured, and installed in accordance with customer and company quality requirements.
4) Provides leadership for new systems, development, proposals, implementation, procedures, and any related quality activity.
5) Makes frequent decisions using principles and professional independent judgment.
6) Develops and applies advanced quality assurance/ control theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced technical problems on the forefront of new technologies.
7) Analyzes, evaluates, and plans methods of approach and organizes means to achieve solution of complex technical problems.
8) Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity. Reviews project process and evaluate results.
9) Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
10) May specialize in particular area of quality control engineering, such as design, incoming material, process control, product evaluation, inventory control, product reliability, research and development, and administrative application.
11) Provides technical consultation to lower level engineers, technicians, and inspectors.
12) Guides and directs lower level personnel on the set-up and performance of tests.
13) Acts as liaison with outside suppliers in establishing or modifying specifications for purchased items.
14) Devises and applies testing procedures for parts or sub-assemblies received from outside vendors.
15) Participates in the development, maintenance, and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
16) Ensures that the company and customer's requirements are met on assigned products, programs, areas, or functions.
17) Recommends corrective action to quality problems.
18) Provides technical support and advises other engineering groups.
19) May work in any of the following areas of quality control/assurance engineering: design, incoming material, process control, product evaluation, inventory control, product reliability, research and development and administrative application.
20) Ensures adherence to company policies, procedures, and related government regulations.
21) Under close supervision, uses established procedures to perform assigned, routine tasks by utilizing analysis, interpretation, and deductive reasoning gained through specialized education or experience.
22) Knows fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures and applies basic engineering principles to develop methods and procedures to improve and maintain product quality standards.
23) Applies quality control inspection requirements and techniques. Applies systems of recording and analyzing product quality level.
24) Prepares plans, specifications, and cost estimates within specified guidelines for assignments of moderate difficulty.
25) May review drawings, process procedures, procurement documents, and quality control reports.
26) Identifies and reports quality problems or trends to supervision.
27) Performs other related work as required.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Education: Bachelors degree in engineering or demonstrated equivalent. Experience: 8+ years of experience in area of specialization. Auditor/lead auditor certificate desired. Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. Position may require travel.
Current experience and access to WIPP Labs
Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly WORD and EXCEL
Attention to Detail
Good written and verbal communication skills