Structural Engineer 4
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Structural Engineer 4
Amentum is seeking a Structural Engineer 4 to be based in the Englewood, CO office.
The Structural Engineer 4 is responsible for leading on more complex engineering assignments. Performing a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, development, design, manufacture, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems and generally as a lead of a design, analysis or review team on more complex engineering assignments.
- Perform a range of design development, analysis or review tasks independently.
- Responsible for complete designs, analyses, or design reviews.
- Generate complete design specification for more complex projects.
- May provide training to less experienced engineers.
- Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
- Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
- Develop, maintain, and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
- Direct interface and liaison with customers at al levels for quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Conduct site visits, experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
- Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and procedures.
- Prepare, deliver and submit technical papers and perform engineering studies.
- Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposal scope of work.
- Has an advanced level of understanding within a specific discipline and provides technical expertise and experience as a discipline expert, mentor, and coach.
- Fully understands codes, permits and company cornerstone applications.
- Fully versed with and can check the work sequence, general content and the methods used to generate specifications for the purchase of material, equipment, systems, services or construction within a specific discipline.
- Fully versed with the process of preparing and checking of calculations within a specific discipline.
- Able to learn and use basic CAD sketching tools.
- Can read and understand construction drawings.
- Fully versed in the collection and/or evaluation of data and information regarding technical and economic factors including physical, chemical, environmental, maintenance, operational, regulatory, constructability, and/or schedule factors relating to a specific subject within a discipline.
- Fully understands the use of requisitions and the role of materials management.
- Lead other team members but continues to perform day to day work activities providing technical or operational guidance to employees, colleagues, and customers.
- Fully understands and reviews interdisciplinary vendor documents.
- Assists with the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor cost requirements for a project and can monitor them to aid in evaluating budget limitations.
- Takes the lead on estimating tasks and performs material take-offs for a specific discipline.
- Understands the planning and scheduling of engineering tasks within a specific discipline and ensures project goals/milestones/budgets are met.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Understands the project change control process and can identify a potential change
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Compensation & Benefits
HIRING SALARY RANGE:$42.30-$65.79 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
This position includes a competitive benefits package. For more detailed information on our Benefits and what it is like to work for Amentum: please visit our careers site: www.amentumcareers.com
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering with a Structures Emphasis (or equivalent education from a four year accredited college or university)
- 7+ years of progressive professional experience in heavy industrial structural engineering.
- Works autonomously within established procedures and practices, with latitude to determine work priorities.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of industry codes and standards, including AISC 360, ASCE 7, IBC, and ACI 318
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in STAAD.Pro modeling, analysis, design, and post processing
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in MathCad, Excel, and Word
- Ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Position may require travel.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.