Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Amentum is seeking a Structural Engineer in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
You will be a motivated person who can perform structural engineering design on small to mid-size, fast track design-build-build and design-build project for Federal clients. You have the ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities, with the ability to work both independently with autonomy and as part of a larger design team. You will have experience working under the supervision of the lead Architect and as a discipline project lead, coordinating closely with architectural colleagues as well as other engineers. Your experience includes design, drafting, specifications, structural analysis, proposals and procurement. You have the ability to work closely with clients, end users and other stakeholders in a project and you can establish respectful, productive working relationships with all involved parties.
You will perform basic and detailed engineering calculations; preparing specifications, reports and related data tables; as well as prepare, review and approve drawings as needed. You'll also be a liaison with the design and drafting groups. You will also perform task management as directed by the Department Manager.
- Under the direction of the Supervising Architect, maintain project coordination with all other disciplines on an assigned project.
- Provides Supervising Architect status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays and adverse problems.
- Continually upgrades technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Assures quality, quantity, and completeness of the engineering work required.
- Plans and schedules engineering efforts associated with assigned projects.
- Maintains timeliness and accuracy of oral and written technical reports regarding assigned activities.
- Maintains proper engineering files and records.
- Under the direction of the Supervising Architect, may independently perform advanced technical assignments of various complexities within approved schedules and budgets.
- May coordinate technical and administrative activities with employees in other disciplines and other departments participating on an assigned project.
- Performs other engineering-related work, including architectural surveys as required.
- Must be a U.S. Citzen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance.
- Have between 5 - 10 years of experience.
- Possible travel < 10%
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.