Radio Frequency Engineer
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Radio Frequency Engineer
Amentum is seeking a detail-oriented Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer in Hanover, MD with strong communication skills to support the global mission requirements of the United States Navy and particularly their need to meet spectrum regulatory requirements for training in the US.
We are looking for a candidate that will work to understand the history of system acquisition cycles, maturation of RF technical parameters, and the evolution of the utilization of the Radio Frequency spectrum. You have an understanding of a wide variety of spectrum dependent systems including radars, communications, data links, and SATCOM.
The work will require the review of RF technical information for a wide range of system types to analyze/evaluate system performance against both Department of Defense (DoD) and National standards. The specific responsibilities will include technical review of emerging spectrum technologies, coordination and deconfliction of Navy operations in dense electromagnetic environments, and development and the identification of risks related to RF use. If you are looking for your next challenge, please apply.
Here at Amentum, we believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees who in turn take care of our customers, driving the success of our business.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 10 years of relevant experience
- Must have the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance prior to your start date
- Knowledge of the either the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) or the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) system certification process
- Knowledge of any of the following softwares: Spectrum Certification System (SCS), Equipment Location Certification Information database (EL-CID), Spectrum XXI, Host Nation Spectrum Worldwide Database Online (HNSWDO), or Stepstone
- Experience with Identify Friend or Foe (IFF) equipment or standards
- World Radio Conference Support
- Development of Spectrum related standards and policies
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.