Radar Field Engineer / Site Lead
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Radar Field Engineer / Site Lead
Oversees and manages all aspects of Operations and Maintenance at a small radar site in Mexico to include maintenance and repair, quality, procurement/logistics, technical and administrative training, analysis, and metrics.
Acts as a point of contact for the program, ensures personnel and resources meet task requirements; monitors cost, works closely with the PMO Operations Manager to maintain performance of systems.
- Responsible for the performance of the Radar Site, to include supervision and management of personnel at the site, ensuring that services and support functions are scalable, sustainable, and standardized.
- Responsible for long, mid, and short-range planning of tasks, providing day-to-day task management of technical personnel, and ensuring timely completion of work to meet mission requirements.
- Ensures Site and Infrastructure are properly maintained.
- Implements metrics and analyzes systems/processes to ensure actions are efficient, timely and reviewed at critical points.
- Performs Quality and Safety inspections in accordance with corporate criteria and prepares/presents detailed and comprehensive reports with corrective actions taken.
- Follows-up to ensure complete and quality resolution of discrepancies.
- Implements tracking procedures for all work and taskings being coordinated.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Works under the direction of the PMO Operations Manager to oversee and execute Radar and SATCOM Operations and Maintenance.
Leads sustainment and maintenance support for specified systems, subsystems, and equipment.
Maintains site required parts, materials, spares, critical spares, and resources.
Updates / writes technical procedures, documentation, reports and methods to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Performs and directs all aspects of safety, quality and technical processes, per corporate and government mandated standards and regulations.
Establishes milestones, monitors adherence to master plans and schedules.
Ensures employee training is completed and conducts performance assessments.
Directs the work of a diverse employee population assigned to the site.
Ensures by the end of day all work is documented in the CMMS.
Prepares reports, sends or calls to communicate status of systems.
Represents the site in all security matters.
Prepares reports to communicate security situation reports
Coordinates Security training
Provides / delegates security escort for visitors to the site from airport and to local accommodations
Manages the Sites Credit Card account to procure Parts and Materials
Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associates Degree, Military Experience, and 6 years of relevant work experience
- Broad experience on Radar (Prefer AN/TPS43 and or AN/TPS 70)
- Previous work experience in an OCONUS environment with a multi-national workforce
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Valid US driver's license and US passport
- DoD Secret Clearance
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Commitment to maintaining a high-performance team to deliver excellence
- Ability to collect, analyze and summarize data and to prepare clear and concise technical reports
- Exercise sound judgment and make technical decisions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and administrative details in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change
- Excellent ability to handle multiple tasks and administrative details in a constantly changing environment.
Amentum will never charge a recruiting fee.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.