HVAC Engineer 2
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
HVAC Engineer 2
Amentum is seeking a highly motivated, team oriented Mechanical Engineer to support HVAC Design projects in the Englewood, Colorado office. Although the position is based out of our Colorado office, Amentum is open to this position being filled remotely with the right candidate that has excellent communication and time management skills. Amentum team provides full service nuclear design solutions to the federal government (DOE, NNSA and NIST), nuclear laboratories, and the commercial nuclear power industries. .
The ideal candidate will have desire to join HVAC group of engineers in accepting a wide range of assignments, both nuclear and non-nuclear, and enjoy a team design environment.
The engineer will design HVAC systems for a variety of facility projects. Work typically includes support of project proposals; design calculations(cooling and heating loads, equipment selection, duct and pipe pressure drops); developing Ventilation flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, and Control sequences of operations; selection and layout of mechanical equipment and associated duct and piping systems; and developing mechanical construction and equipment specifications, and system design descriptions. The engineer will typically work in a design team environment consisting of a project manager, project engineer, and multi-discipline architectural and engineering staff to produce project design packages of drawings, specifications, and calculations.
Periodic travel to job site and client offices site locations may be required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports development of project proposals.
- Develops scopes and budget estimates for mechanical discipline work. Assists in development of project schedules.
- Develop man hour estimate for HVAC design.
- Responsible for planning, conducting and coordinating detailed phases of design work.
- Independently evaluates criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects with few complex features.
- Applies appropriate codes and standards for HVAC design.
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates work with designers, 3D modeler and administrative staff.
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignment.
- Participates in client design reviews.
Compensation & Benefits
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $38.98 - $52.64 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
This position includes a competitive benefits package. For more detailed information on our Benefits and what it is like to work for Amentum: please visit our careers site: www.amentumcareers.com
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related scientific field with a minimum of 3 years of HVAC engineering/design experience or equivalent.
- Experience with engineering software such as CAD software, PTC Creo, Solid Works, MathCAD, and ANSYS
- Good communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
- Position may require travel.
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Due to nature of the work, candidate must be US Citizen.
Previous experience with Department of Energy (DOE) projects is preferred.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.