Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Amentum is Seeking an Electrical Engineer to support the AUTEC Range and Navy platforms in Andros Island, Bahamas. The selected candidate will troubleshoot, repair, test and operate the In-Water Tracking Systems.
- Assists system engineers in maintaining and operating the In-Water tracking system equipment, performs system repairs, provides training to junior technicians, schedules maintenance and operates the systems supporting range activities as required.
- Assist with other AUTEC Range Systems including DGPS, Large Area Tracking Range (LATR), Link-16, RADAR and Electronic Warfare R/F systems.
- Performs analysis of equipment and system performance on a daily basis, identifies failures, determines and initiates remedial actions.
- Documents repairs and troubleshooting, performs maintenance as required on assigned equipment and systems.
- Performs administrative record keeping and spare parts inventories for maintenance of assigned systems.
- Performs and documents equipment procurement, performs installation and acceptance testing of equipment.
- Works flexible hours as required.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- AS degree with at least four (4) years of professional experience in a field engineering related discipline is preferred.
- An Associate of Science degree in another discipline with six (6) years of experience in operation and maintenance systems relevant to AUTEC operations may be substituted.
- Military training and direct related experience in lieu of a formal degree will be considered. Direct experience with maintenance of in-water acoustic systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of R/F telemetry systems, transmitter/receiver circuits, antenna and transmission lines, displays, analog and digital encoders, R/F system alignments, troubleshooting and fault isolation are a plus.
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux and Windows OS is desired.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 45 pounds of equipment.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to determine cause of failures and make necessary repairs. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain and maintain a US DoD Secret clearance.
- Must be able to reside in a remote location with limited medical facilities.
- A valid U.S. driver’s license and passport is required.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.