1st Class Engineer
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
1st Class Engineer
Amentum is currently searching for a 1st Class Engineer The 1st Class Engineer will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance during his/her watch of all equipment in his/her plant.
- Operate and maintain one or more systems which provide the facility with such services as heat, air-conditioning (cool, humidify, dehumidify, filter, and circular air), refrigeration, steam or high temperature water or electricity.
- Observes and interprets readings on gauges, meters and charts which register various aspects of the system’s operation.
- Adjust controls to insure safe and efficient operation of the system and to meet demands for the service provided.
- Record in logs various aspects of the system’s operation.
- Keep the engines, machinery, and equipment in good working order.
- May direct and coordinate activities of other workers (not stationary engineers) in performing tasks directly related to operating and maintaining the system or systems.
- Perform all other position-related duties as assigned or requested.
Additional Job Description
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a Maryland 1st Class Engineers license.
- Knowledge of facility maintenance operation and equipment.
- Must possess and maintain a Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.