Process Engineer 2
Amentum is seeking a high performing, team oriented Process Engineer to support our environmental management, defense, national security and national laboratory customers in Englewood, CO office.
The process engineering team you would be joining includes licensed professional engineers that are recognized technical experts in nuclear waste treatment, radioactive waste cleanup, environmental management, PFAS remediation and advanced clean energy solutions. Amentum provides integrated project lifecycle capabilities, operational excellence, consulting services, engineered solutions, best in class leaders and a reputation for delivery.
As a Amentum Process Engineer you would be responsible for utilizing your process/chemical engineering knowledge to support conceptual, preliminary and detailed design projects. We are looking for engineers with a proven track record working with both process technologies and your peers. Experience with originating and checking standard process deliverables including design basis, H&MB, PFD's, process descriptions and P&ID's is expected.
Although the position is based out of our Colorado office, Amentum is open to this position being filled remotely with the right candidate that has excellent communication and time management skills.
Join Amentum as we create a safer, smarter, cleaner world.
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited university in chemical engineering.
- At least 3 years of job-related experience.
- Excellent communications and analytical skills.
- Position will require 10-25% travel.
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a security clearance.
- Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Dual Citizenship not accepted.
- EIT Certification or scheduled to take FE in the next 6 months
- Field experience including engineering construction support, startup and commissioning
- Process System Design
- Equipment Sizing and Specification
- Heat and Mass Balance Calculations
- PFD and P&ID Development
- Relief Valve Sizing / Evaluation / Final Selection
- Control Valve Sizing and Selection
- Piping Hydraulic Evaluations
- Conceptual Process Designs
- Process Hazards Analysis
- Process Simulation
Compensation & Benefits
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $80k - $110k (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
This position includes a competitive benefits package. For more detailed information on our Benefits and what it is like to work for Amentum: please visit our careers site: www.amentumcareers.com
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.