Amentum is now hiring a System Engineer for its Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD location.
Candidates are eligible for Telework opportunities with this position.
You are a proactive, knowledgeable system engineer concerned with supporting the design, development and acquisition of military communications systems that deliver a reliable tactical network for critical mission requirements. You're also a self-starter dedicated to accomplishing program requirements who works well independently but also excels working with a team to achieve required objectives. Your creativity and detail oriented abilities ensure a disciplined approach to the development of a weapon systems through key technical tasks that include integration, configuration management, operation and maintenance of the network and leveraging your technical skills to assist with troubleshooting and the resolution of interoperability issues across system platforms.
* Develop and apply advanced software/systems methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced technical problems.
* Plan, conduct and technically direct projects or major phases of significant projects, coordinating the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
* Analyze, evaluate and plan method of approach and organizes means to achieve solution of complex technical problems.
* Conduct investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
* Review literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
* Review projects progress and evaluate results.
* Recommend corrections in technical applications and analysis.
* Specify materials, equipment and supplies required for completion and implementation of technical projects.
* Evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
* Provide technical consultation to technical staff or other organizations.
* Produce relevant technical reports and documentation to inform the Army / DoD Leadership concerning the significant findings, results and recommendations from scheduled technical testing events and laboratory experimentations
* Bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of relevant System Engineering experience. Or a High School Diploma/GED, and at least 14 years of system engineering experience
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Must have an active Secret Security Clearance.
* Familiarity with commercial/tactical communications equipment used in military communications architecture
* Have technical experience and training in performing systems integration, complex analytical studies, and technical analysis on diverse tactical and strategic communications systems
* B.S. Degree in engineering or computer science.
* Ability to effectively communicate and lead integrated project team(s).
* Knowledge of Army organization structure and Unit Task Organization concepts.
* Combination of system engineering experience and college level computer science, electrical engineering or
similar field of study.
* Knowledge of large scale complex data flow architectures.
* Ability to decipher user key requirements and to engage with senior leaders to garner support of project(s).
* CSEP certification preferred.
* Experience with/in/as a(n) Army tactical networks and computer systems.
* Experience with coordination and synchronization between multiple projects and differing SDLCs such as
Agile, Rapid and Waterfall.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.