Senior Data Engineer (RDT&E)
Amentum is seeking a Senior Data Engineer (RDT&E) to support a DIA Analytic Innovations Office Advanced Analytics & Product Evaluation contract. This position is based in Washington, D.C. All employees will start in the Washington D.C office but upon request and with customer approval may be allowed to work from Reston VA, Quantico VA, or College Park MD.
- Supports defense analytical requirements with enhanced scientific/engineering research, capability / limitation analysis, reverse engineering analysis/characterizations, facility and vulnerability assessments
- Analysis and production includes, but is not limited to, complex foreign electronic systems, subsystems, facilities and/or equipment and can emphasize one or more area(s) pertaining to electric power, microelectronics, electronic hardware, circuits, sensors, guidance and control, signals, electromagnetic, electro-optical (EO)/infrared (IR) and/or similar areas associated with current and projected electronic systems and/or subsystems. This includes, but not limited to, electrical engineering and sub-disciplines of computer, electronic, optical, and power engineering.
- Design, implement, and operate data management systems for intelligence needs
- Design data storage, access, use, integration, and management for different data regimes and digital systems
- Work with data users to determine, create, and populate optimal data architectures, structures, and systems
- Plan, design, and optimize data throughput and query performance
- Participate in the selection of backend database technologies (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, Graph Database, etc.), their configuration and utilization, and the optimization of the full data pipeline infrastructure to support the actual content, volume, ETL, and periodicity of data to support the intended kinds of queries and analysis to match expected responsiveness.
- Must possess a current U.S. Government Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility (TS/SCI)
- Must be able to obtain a polygraph
- Masters degree preferred and 12 years of related experience in data analytics or engineering.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.