Purpose and Scope:
Perform a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, development, design, manufacture, test, installation, operations, and maintenance of electronic/mechanical equipment and systems; individually or as a member of a design, analysis, or review team.
1) Perform a range of engineering tasks with supervision, which may include: design development, analysis, operation and maintenance instruction (OMI) development and reviews, and other document updates.
2) Work on less complex tasks and responsible for a portion of a design or section of an analysis or design review. Assist in generation of specifications and engineering data.
3) Audit drawing schematics and provide redline updates.
4) Create work orders and process workflow using work management software (Maximo).
5) Assist in generation of specifications and engineering data.
6) Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
7) Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
8) Develop, maintain, and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
9) Interface with customers in design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
10) Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
11) Ensure that a safe workplace is promoted, with continuous HSE focus, through personal commitment and development/follow up of preventive and corrective actions.
12) Keep current on required training.
13) Conduct site visits, experimental investigations, and analyze engineering problems. Propose solutions, alternatives, and provide recommendations.
14) Ensure the quality of products and services delivered meets customer’s requirements and expectations.
15) Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related scientific field, with 0-1 year of job-related experience; or equivalent. Good communication and analytical skills. Working knowledge of relevant computer systems and software programs. Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a US Government security clearance. US citizenship is required for restricted area access. Must successfully pass a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Most positions involve work typical of office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting with occasional use of computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. Must possess planning/organizing skills and be able to work under deadlines. Some positions involve work in environments (e.g., shipboard, labs, outside locations, etc.) where mechanical equipment, weapons, etc. are being installed, tested, analyzed/monitored, operated, and/or maintained. Equipment may be loud and noisy or have exposed moving components. Such positions may involve routine lifting up to 50 pounds, regular handling, grasping, kneeling and carrying, and constant use of vision and mental alertness is required.
Safety - All employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.