Field Engineer II
Are you looking for an exciting, innovative company with over 100 years of excellence and commitment to ethical business? Amentum has an exciting opportunity in Hypersonics and Strategic Missions Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) for the Naval Surface Warfare Center at Crane located in Indiana!
The selected candidate will be part of the engineering team supporting engineering tasks, development, design, and testing of support equipment and systems.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to development of test objectives, instrumentation, and data requirements, writing test planning documents, scheduling program activities, planning and conducting test missions.
- Use of support equipment for verification and validation of requirements, hardware troubleshooting and technology transfer considerations to load and remove assets and launch vehicles as needed.
- Direct interface and liaison with internal and external customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of design specifications on more complex systems/projects.
- Transition support and document verification/validation of system milestones
- Participate in the mobilization, demobilization, and execution of installation and checkout of systems and support equipment at test sites.
- Will provide Subject Matter Expertise and troubleshooting support for all Post Shipyard Availability Dock and Seatrial support.
- Will operate equipment as well as provide on-the-job training for USN personnel and support personnel as needed.
- Will inform support equipment maintenance and additional support equipment needs or modifications.
- Required to support system and subsystem testing, including travel to test sites as required.
- Conduct site visits, experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, proposes solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Position will require the ability to pass and maintain a Secret Security Clearance which will require the candidate to be a U.S Citizen.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline or formal academic/vocational/military training
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of specialty
- Requires the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems from a broad prospective.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Active Secret Clearance
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.