Network Operations Center Engineer
- Monitor and resolve minor network issues on a 24x7 basis (shift work may be required).
- Elevate issues to Tier-2 when immediate resolution isn’t possible.
- Collaborate with the IT team on the development and maintenance of network infrastructure.
- Provide technical end-user support, perform troubleshooting, and resolve network issues.
- Run diagnostic tests on the communication between computers, routers, modems, and servers.
- Network and server security scanning and patching using Rapid7, Nmap, and Nipper scanning tools
- Train junior IT staff and provide on-site field technicians with remote technical support.
- Enhance network security, and document network processes, repairs, and cabling layouts.
- Keep informed of advancements in network infrastructure and technologies.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or specialization in network engineering. Experience in lieu of a degree will be accepted.
- Certified Cisco
- Certified Aruba
- CompTIA, or Microsoft network professional preferred.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a NOC technician, or similar.
- Advanced knowledge of network technologies, connectivity, protocols, and security.
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great interpersonal, communication, and collaboration abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Availability for 24x7 shift work; On-call availability outside of business hours to resolve urgent network issues.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.