Project Engineer II
Under general Engineering supervision, applies judgment to engineering duties. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to perform functions of the job. Perform engineering assessments of systems and operations associated with hypergolic propellants, cryogenics, pneumatics and life support equipment. Provides limited technical guidance to technicians. This is a union represented, non-exempt position with the Teamsters and the hourly pay rate is $53.09.
- Performs Engineering oversight ensuring the Mechanical Integrity Inspections of hazardous systems that identify, document, and resolve of system deficiencies are in compliance.
- Responsible for preparation, review and implementation of system designs as assigned by Management.
- Manages subcontractors throughout project phases to include updating schedules and coordinating assigned work and reporting the status to Management.
- Performs Process Safety Management functions as required by OSHA having responsibility over assigned elements of the PSM standard and the record keeping of applicable documents.
- Performs Engineering oversight and production of drawings and figures utilizing AutoCAD.
- Acts as Configuration Manager for critical systems.
- Prepares Engineering Field Instructions (EFI’s) solely or under Management direction, depending on the technical nature, that direct Field Technicians to conduct operations.
- Direct technicians in the performance of EFI’s when assigned by Management.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance if required for position.
- Knowledge and compliance of the following standards and codes: ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, AWS welding standards, CGA compressed gas standards, DOT regulations for portable pressure vessels, Military Standards relating to propellants and propellant systems, and EWRR 127-1 Range Safety regulations.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or similar discipline required, and four years of experience.
- Previous engineering assignments.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in propellants, or related area will be applied. Background in design and testing of aerospace ground support systems and facilities desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), and AutoCAD.
- Must have excellent verbal, technical writing, and communication skills.
Experience with hypergolic propellants, cryogenics, life support equipment, and high pressure gases. Knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM).
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.