Civil/Structural Engineer (Facility Engineering)
Amentum is seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer for a position on Kauai, HI. Supporting the Public Works Department, the candidate will provide a variety of engineering services for planning and design of new construction and improvements to existing facilities and structures systems at PMRF Barking Sands, Kauai and all other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Engineer, design, and develop plans for improvements to facilities, structures, and analysis of weight handling equipment.
- Facilities and Structures systems include steel, wood and masonry buildings, steel and wood radar towers and antennae stands.
- Weight handling systems include fixed and mobile cranes as well as lifting gear and other appurtenances such as strong-backs and harnesses.
- Interface with Government counterparts and Koa Lani operating personnel on facility requirements, design, and development considerations.
- Prepare and monitor installation design plans and work order improvements to facilities.
- Research and prepare cost estimates, specifications and standards, and procurement packages for new or modified facilities.
- Monitor construction of new installations and participate in installation quality assurance inspections and site acceptance tests.
- Coordinate with other Engineers and Planner/Estimators to develop multi-discipline design projects.
- Prepare and submit reports including engineering analysis and investigative studies as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Lifting 25-50 lbs.
- Work positions requirements: Sitting
- Pushing/pulling 25-50 lbs. Customer contact and field assignment
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited University or College is required. Passing of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam with the intent to become professionally licensed, is a plus.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the structural design and analysis of wood, steel, and masonry structures desired.
- Experience should include engineering design, estimating, materials takeoff, and construction management.
- Experience with Hawaii design codes and construction practices is preferred.
- RSMeans Cost Estimating experience desired.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers using the following:
- Word, Excel, Outlook, and AutoCAD or AutoCAD Lite software applications.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain and maintain A Secret Clearance. Applicants selected either must currently possess a Secret clearance or will be subject to a US Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain clearance prior to commencement of employment and maintain a security clearance for access to classified information or Closed/Restricted Areas throughout duration of employment.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.