Civil Structural Engineering - USAFA
United States Air Force Academy (USAFA) is seeking a Civil Structural Engineer. The salary range for this position is $90K-$100K based on skills and qualifications.
Purpose and Scope:
Civil Engineer with Structural experience or focus preferred. The Structural Engineer is responsible for providing reliable and responsive Structural Engineer support to ensure effective and efficient operations of U.S.-owned and occupied facilities, associated installed equipment, and infrastructure. This includes the maintenance of all infrastructure, engineering support, fire protection and prevention services, and emergency management.
- Performs specific duties and responsibilities related to structural engineering.
- Provides efficient, effective and timely Structural engineering expertise, to include but not limited to building design, building renovation, structural analysis studies, AF bridge design and inspection.
- Perform structural analysis, identify seismic risks, and develop options to mitigate risks to manage repair and upgrades plans.
- Perform structural analysis of existing facilities and pavements to determine if existing structural systems are adequate to support new or proposed mechanical equipment, cranes and hoists, safes, filing systems, systems furniture, athletic or shop equipment, and other similar loads.
- Perform structural analysis of damaged or deteriorated structural systems in order to assess the capacity of such systems to perform their related functions.
- Manages and directs subcontractors performing structural engineering to ensure the plans and specifications are being adhered/followed.
- Provides the scope definition, specification, budgeting and write-up into project proposals of civil engineering projects, prepares written responses to RFI’s, RFC’s and prepares IGCE’s for contract changes.
- Informs management on project status and construction activities, and assists in the development of programs and budgets.
- Performs physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Program leadership.
The structural engineer shall have a bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering from a program certified by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of design experience in facility infrastructure design with two (2) years of Air Force Base CE experience preferred.
- Must possess experience working with the Antiterrorism/Force Protection requirements for government infrastructure.
- Ability to understand and interpret construction/engineering drawings and specifications to ensure all construction meets initial design and specifications.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office products.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be capable of working with customers and company employees in a courteous, professional, and effective manner.
Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization. Note: US Citizenship is required for facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
This position includes a competitive benefits package. For more detailed information on our Benefits and what it is like to work for Amentum: please visit our careers site: www.amentumcareers.com
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.