The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
The Electrical Engineer functions in the AUTEC Facilities Engineering Department planning and managing single and multiple discipline projects related to new construction, renovation, refurbishing, upgrade, design, condition assessment and analysis of all real property facility structures, installed equipment and components.
This includes supporting vendors while performing construction monitoring and management of multiple projects.
- Allocates available material and labor resources; honors the constraints of scope, schedule, and budget; assists project coordinators with project development; provides design estimates for feasibility studies and conceptual designs for developing customer and internal budgets.
- Develops Requests for Quotes (RFQ) and Request for Proposal (RFP) procurement packages for vendor services that include Scopes of Work, Cost Estimates, Construction Schedules, and rough drawings (as needed) as well as evaluating and qualifying vendor proposals. Generate complete design specifications for more complex projects.
- Performs construction management duties including review construction documents and submissions, perform and document daily inspections, and assisting with project punch lists.
- Performs Annual Inspection Survey (AIS) of all facility structures and components; and prepares findings report as required by Customer.
- Assists in identifying Level of Effort Estimates for Maintenance Shop Work Orders which exceed standard repair limits, as directed by Technical Instructions for Facilities Maintenance.
- Attends regularly scheduled Work Order Review Meetings.
- Develops procurement documents for vendor services and materials for task completion.
- Monitors and inspects in progress work to assure that work is being performed as planned, and in compliance with safety codes and regulations.
- Prepares, delivers, and submits technical papers and perform engineering studies.
- Assists construction superintendent and field personnel in constructability issues; evaluate proposed field changes and estimate change orders.
- Collects and inputs asset data into CMMS program (MAXIMO).
- Aids in the development of Preventive Maintenance plans and assignments.
- Conducts field assessment of asset labeling.
- Submits monthly reports as required by contract.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related scientific field and at least 2 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
- Skilled at AutoCAD design.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques.
- Competent in Microsoft Suites (Word, Excel, Project and Outlook) and estimating software. RS Means and Maximo preferred.
- Must be able to climb ladders and access utility trenches and on occasion confined spaces.
- Interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of personnel in multi-cultural team-oriented environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and US passport will be required.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US citizenship is required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.