Electrical Engineer 3
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Electrical Engineer 3
Amentum is seeking a Electrical/Instrumentation & Control Engineer -Technical Services Engineer 3 to be based in our Oakridge, TN location. The Engineer is responsible for performing a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, development, design, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems and generally as a member of a design, analysis or review team. Knowledge of process control and automation systems is required.
1.Perform a range of design development, analysis or review tasks under minimal supervision.
2.Act as a lead on less complex tasks and responsible for a portion of a design or section of an analysis or design review.
3.Responsible for complete designs, analyses, or design reviews.
4.Generate complete design specifications for more complex projects.
5.Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and
6. Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
7. Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/
8. Direct interface and liaison with customers at all levels from quotation to
final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
9. Conduct site visits and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
10. Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
11. Support development and programming for process control and automation systems
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 years of experience in an Engineering setting.
Experience with nuclear engineering in field and design work.
Candidate must be able to obtain a DOE Q clearance
Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
Position may require travel
Master degree in Electrical Engineering
Instrumentation & Controls Experience
Experience with DOE
PE License a plus
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.