Environmental Tech Lead
Amentum is seeking a Region Operation Manager at our Fort Polk, LA office
- Perform the following activities under limited indirect supervision in accordance with established procedures:
- Conduct hazardous waste handling activities including but not limited to, collecting and weighing wastes, sampling wastes for analysis, segregating and processing wastes for packaging and accumulation, marking and labeling waste containers, and preparing and loading waste for shipment.
- Organize and manage wastes in designated hazardous waste accumulations areas and satellite accumulation stations.
- Maintain up-to-date waste inventories as required under Federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations including DOE and NETL Directives as appropriate.
- Package and/or containerize waste for transportation in accordance with Federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Mark and/or label waste for transportation in accordance with Federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Assist in determining U.S. DOT Descriptions including Proper Shipping Names, Hazard Class, and UN/NA ID Numbers.
- Assist in determining U.S. EPA Hazardous Waste Code Numbers.
- Assist in preparing and/or reviewing waste manifests, land disposal restriction forms, bills of lading, and/or other shipping papers.
- Perform spill clean-up activities involving hazardous materials, substances, and wastes and the residue from spill clean-up activities.
- Assist in developing and implementing ES&H sampling and analysis plans.
- Collect, preserve, and prepare ES&H samples, including waste samples, for analysis.
- Collect designated ES&H measurements using standard or approved equipment and procedures.
- Conduct inspections and perform maintenance on various ES&H equipment and facilities including, but not limited to, eyewash stations, safety showers, emergency preparedness equipment, ES&H sampling equipment, and simple treatment systems.
- Assist in developing specifications for ES&H equipment and instrumentation.
- Calibrate portable and/or fixed instrumentation and equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance using limited oral and/or written instructions.
- Perform troubleshooting/problem identification and resolution.
- Respond to various types of emergencies and provide assistance as appropriate based on skills, knowledge, and ability.
- Provide guidance, on-the-job assistance, and/or limited technical direction to employees performing similar work.
- Assist in identifying pertinent ES&H laws and regulations in conjunction with tasks being performed.
- Assist with management and oversight of subcontractor activities for waste management and analytical laboratory services as directed.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Safety – Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Specific training, licensing and advanced knowledge and analytical skills in environmental safety and health, plus a broad knowledge of other disciplines such as environmental sciences, safety or industrial hygiene.
- Ten (10) or more years of job-related experience. (Bachelor's degree in a related field with six or more years of job-related experience may be considered in lieu of experience)
- Knowledgeable of governing supply systems/programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals or other established guidelines
- Certification from an acknowledged certifying board such as Certified Safety Technician, Certified Safety Specialist, or Certified HAZMAT Technician
- Ability to work in GCSS-Army
- Must have or be able to obtain licenses/certifications as needed to perform duties.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and company policies and procedures and 40-hour HAZWOPER training required
- Must have a valid and current state driver’s license.
- Must be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle
- May be required to obtain and maintain a forklift license
- Must be able to complete paperwork associated with the position as required
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, complex environment
- Must be able to read and understand Technical Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Army Regulations and Department of the Army Pamphlets
- Working knowledge of computers, computer systems and software application programs
- Excellent written and spoken communication and analytical skills
- Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have an ability to meet physical demands and pass any related medical examination requirements required to perform daily assigned tasks
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- May need the ability to obtain and maintain a government Common Access Card (CAC)
- Position may require travel.
- Requires Class D license
- Ability to work in a team environment